To Apply for This Position Complete and
Send the TV One Internship Application Packet 2018 to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1010 Wayne Ave., 14th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Internship: Scheduling & Research
Location: Silver Spring, MD
TV One’s Scheduling and Research Intern will gain on the job training and experience, as well as a basic understanding of program research, program strategy and acquisitions analysis as it relates to the entertainment and media industries. This includes knowledge and practical experience in understanding Nielsen Media research, the competitive television environment and working on a team in a professional business environment.
- Provide competitive tracking and analysis of African-American targeted networks
- Assist with the quality control of scheduling and research systems
- Attend weekly Scheduling meetings to provide competitive updates
- Evaluate various content to provide editorial feedback as needed
- Receive training across various research platforms in order to understand digital and programming research
- Enrolled in a program pursuing a four-year degree
- Junior or higher preferred.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Experience and/or familiarity with computer software (i.e.: the Microsoft Office Suite)
- Highly organized, numbers savvy, detail oriented, motivated and able to “hit the ground running”.
Only applicants who receive college credit for their internship will be considered.
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).