The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to the Public Relations department in all corporate communications activities and assist in driving innovative and impactful public relations strategies. The ideal candidate understands the specific needs of reporters/producers/bloggers and their respective media outlets, is results driven, flexible, professional, resourceful, highly organized, demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide administrative assistance to the SVP of Public Relations, and Director, Public Relations including but not limited to: keeping calendar/schedule of events, making travel arrangements, handling expense reports, invoices, etc.
- Actively assist Public Relations Director and Manager in building and leveraging existing media relationships for high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online.
- Assist in coordination and management of bi-annual network participation in Television Critics Association (TCA) tour, INTX, NABJ, ABFF and other key industry conferences and trade shows.
- Work collaboratively with internal team and external contractors on press campaigns in support of unscripted, factual entertainment, and news programming. Support trade and corporate initiatives and outreach efforts.
- Respond to all external and internal communications.
- Assist with development and maintenance of TV One online press site – uploading press releases, fact sheets, talent and executive bios, etc.
- Oversee and handle all asset and image management needs and deliverables – develop, manage and track asset log for all programming projects requiring publicity support, work with programming, creative services, marketing and operations department to facilitate generation of clips, press screeners, unit photography, promo spots, trailers, etc.
- Draft press releases, fact sheets, bios, media alerts or other media information tools as needed.
- Coordinate and fulfill media inquiries; Respond to media requests for photos, press releases, bios, and other content.
- Prepare and distribute media kits, maintain media lists, researching stories and implementing plans for media attention
- Build and maintain databases/spreadsheets that track editorial calendars, events, speaking opportunities, industry awards media outlets, contacts and industry analysts.
- Utilize and monitor PR tools such as Cision/Vocus, ProfNets, HAROs and Google alerts, etc. and to send to team for review.
- Create briefing sheets/materials/talking points for scheduled interviews for talent and executives.
- Take notes for PR team, programming, marketing and other internal conference calls; send action items to team members for review.
- Maintain and track related budgets, processing and tracking vendor invoices, managing vendor log.
- Oversee the daily media monitoring and archiving of TV One’s news coverage, assembling a daily recap, and creating coverage reports.
- Research individual reporters, publications and other editorial opportunities.
- Work across departments including Ad & Affiliate Sales, Digital Media, Information Technology, and Marketing & Creative Services.
- Perform other duties and research projects and general assistance with tasks as assigned and needed.
- Highly skilled in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Must be a flexible team player with ability to work long hours, nights and weekends when required.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Drive. Candidate also must be familiar with media relations tools such as Cision/Vocus, TVEyes, PR Newswire, and Critical Mention. Knowledge of Constant Contact a plus.
- AP Stylebook literacy a plus.
- Exceedingly professional, organize, resourceful, efficient, proactive and flexible; Possess energy and enthusiasm, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver with strong written, verbal and editing communication skills.
- A natural networker and team player with strong social skills who can juggle multiple projects with finesse.
- Driven self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop relationships among media and work closely with reporters and editors
- Knowledge of best practices in social and traditional PR; general understanding of the television, film and/or entertainment community.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Deadline oriented and ability to work under pressure; must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and work cross-functionally with various teams on a daily basis (Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales, Marketing, etc.) on a number of initiatives.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS/BA degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field and strong interest in the media business preferred. Minimum of 3 years related experience and thorough understanding of social and traditional public relations.
If interested in applying for the Public Relations & Asset position, please click the apply now button located at the top of this page and attach your resume to the email pop up box.