To Apply for This Position Complete and
Send the TV One Internship Application Packet to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1010 Wayne Ave., 14th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Internship: Human Resources
Location: Silver Spring, MD
TV One’s Human Resources Department manages employee medical benefits, 401k, employee relations, training and development, performance review processes, recruiting (staff and interns) and planning of company/employee events. The department is also responsible for the development and enforcement of TV One’s policies and procedures.
- Human Resources or Business Major
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must be highly confidential
- Must have excellent verbal, written, organizational and multi-tasking skills and high level attention to detail
Skills/Knowledge to Gain:
The student will receive practical application experience and exposure to fundamental Human Resources generalist functions.
- Update new hire packet and materials as needed
- Provide general administrative support for the HR department
- Assist with process improvement initiatives
- Research HR issues
- Assist with employee events
- Create presentations, internal and external
- Answer inquiries
- Word processing
- Work on special projects as requested
Only applicants who receive college credit for their internship will be considered.
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).