by Glenn Woods
December 6, 2017
Photo by Sharon Reed Facebook
In Atlanta, there’s a Mayoral race where its 60th Mayor will be a native Atlantan and African-American female – Keisha Lance Bottoms. Her opponent, Mary Norwood a white female who is requesting votes be recounted because their difference is 1%.
Atlanta is known for its diversity and known for its racism – with their race there are lots of talks about race in the city and politics in general. During Tuesday’s coverage, a viewer ‘Kathy Rae’ emailed an Atlanta reporter to express her disgust for race being apart of their conversation in the newscast.
The viewer called for Sharon Reed of CBS 46 to be fired and attempts to drop the N-word twice. Even though the viewer misspelled the word, Reed decided to address it in the most professional way.
In 2017, people still think it’s ok to call African-Americans a nigger.
Anchor Bae Appreciation! 19 African American Female Journalists We Love
19 photos Launch gallery
1. Nothing mutual about my funds tho 👌🏽
1 of 19
2. Good Morning Sunshine! 😉☀️🌼⭐️💛 💫
2 of 19
3. Channeled the Mother Land on the show today. 🌍 S/O to @stephaniebijoux for the Nigerian-inspired "Color Block Spike" necklace. 🇳🇬.#Nigeria #AfricaRising #Africa #MotherLand #jewelry #BlackGirlsRock #BlackGirlMagic
3 of 19
4. Dress: @lapetiterobemiHair: @armond_styleMUA: @venusgoddessangelfairy444
4 of 19
5. My attempt to stay warm in Columbus failed miserably❄️❄️❄️
5 of 19
6. Thanks to @blackivybrand & @khalidalbaih for the t-shirt. Perfect day to wear it being that it’s @kaepernick7’s birthday today. Just 30 years old and already in history books!
6 of 19
7. Okay okay okay... full dress time!! MAJOR thanks to @heiress_house for this custom design! I feel like a princess
7 of 19
8. Short sleeved 🤦🏽♀️ what was I thinking? Oh well, see ya at 10! 🤷🏽♀️
8 of 19
9. A year ago, my team and I traveled to upstate #newyork to investigate the death of a 12-year-old boy. Tonight, hear and see what we learned. #deadlinecrime starts in one hour @investigationdiscovery
9 of 19
10. Set up and ready to receive donations for my home state of TX!! Will YOU be a #HolleysHelper ?You can see it right outside of our studio window here at 4th and Market. 7-10AM. (See previous post for other locations)
10 of 19
11. Reid The Runway || Dress: @carmenmarcvalvo Hair: @angiemlorenzo Blessed by: #God @newyorklivetv @thehubtoday #reidtherunway
11 of 19
12. I never know what to do with my hands. 💃🏿@catherinemalandrinoofficial. 💇🏽@tasha_muah 💄@fabiolamercadobeauty
12 of 19
13. yup. walking into the weekend like...💕
13 of 19
14. #Knowlesitall #ootd #lbd #myRTR
14 of 19
15. Look who I found in the sea of faces at Catch!
15 of 19
16. Wrapped up my last early voting live shot for the day! Just under 14 Days until #ElectionDay. 🇺🇸
16 of 19
17. Diggin' my shorter & lighter hair.
17 of 19
18. Shining even when the sun won't ✨✨ #Monday
18 of 19
19 of 19
Like TV One on Facebook and be sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter.