by TV One Staff
May 8, 2017
The upcoming film about the life of Tupac Shakur, All Eyez On Me, has to be one of the most anticipated biopics we’ve seen in a very long time. Naturally, when MTV dropped an extended clip from the movie, we rushed to see if the film would live up to its hype:
We have several thoughts about this extended sneak peek:
1. Let’s give a round of applause to casting because this brother (Demetrius Shipp) looks JUST like Tupac! The only other person that looks more like Tupac, would be Tupac himself.
— Lee Bailey (@eurweb) December 19, 2015
2. Although we believe that platonic love is possible, something about Jada’s and Pac’s chemistry just makes it so hard to believe that they were just friends. The spoken love letter and emotional follow-up in this scene also doesn’t help.
3. Do you remember our breakdown of A Different World where Jada and Tupac shared a scene? We had the same flashback moment, too.
4. Just us, or does Jada’s character (played by Kat Graham) gives us some slight Keri Hilson vibes? Either way, we give her props for nailing that tomboy-like energy that Jada has.
5. We like that this scene shows a tender, artistic side of Tupac. Let’s see if Shipp can deliver on Tupac’s gangster and revolutionary sides as well.
TELL US: What were your thought about this sneak preview? Do you plan to see the film in theatres?