If you were to compare last year’s Oscars to this year’s Oscars you would have to come up with a new hashtag: #OscarsSoBlack
And yes, the host was WAYYY better last year, but this year victory was ours.
Here are seven of the BLACKEST ✊? moments from the 89th Academy Awards:
1. MAHERSHALA ALI WINS THE FIRST AWARD OF THE NIGHT: We were off to a great start.
2. THE ‘HIDDEN FIGURES’ BLACK HISTORY MOMENT: It’s still February. Salute to Katherine Johnson!
Barrier-breaking NASA physicist Katherine Johnson, one of the subjects of the film ‘Hidden Figures,’ honored at the Academy Awards. #Oscars #oscars2017 #academyawards #hiddenfigures #janellemonae #tarajiphenson #octaviaspencer #katherinejohnson #nasa #physicist #alphakappaalpha #melanin #1908 #TheyKnowInfo
3. VIOLA DAVIS’ WINNING SPEECH FOR ‘FENCES’: Had us like ?. She now has an Oscar, Emmy, and Tony.
4. BLACK TWITTER GETS ON HALLE BERRY’S WIG: Somebody’s grandmother is looking for her good wig right now…
— BallerAlert (@balleralert) February 27, 2017
5. CHRISSY TEIGEN FALLS ASLEEP: Chrissy was “red ta go.”
6. DENZEL WASHINGTON LOOKING “OVER IT” ALL NIGHT: After losing to Casey Affleck, Denzel was also “red ta go.”
7. ‘MOONLIGHT’ WINS AFTER THE BIGGEST AWARD SHOW MESS-UP IN HISTORY: Can’t blame Steve Harvey for this one! We are obsessed with this film and glad to see this all-Black cast shine in their moment.
BONUS! #GARYFROMCHICAGO: He was all of our uncles last night.
— New York Times Video (@nytvideo) February 27, 2017
TELL US: What was your favorite moment from the Oscars?
Cheryl Lynn Enjoys “Lovely” Royalties As “Encore” Gets A Resurgence On TikTok
Look At That Body On Badu! Erykah Badu Breaks The Internet With Swimsuit Photo...Just Because
10 Times Mary J. Blige Proved She Should Have Her Own Boot Line (And We Wanted To Buy It)
Bresha Webb Announces Her First Baby With Husband Nick Jones, Jr.
Who Invited Agustin Garcia | PAYBACK
What Was the Real Cause of Chris Lighty's Death?