Thank GOD it’s Friday! All you want to do is forget the chaos of the week, kick back,watch a movie and relax. What better way to do that than with a Friday Night Cocktail? Straight from Monique Kilgore, writer and cook for Diva’s Can Cook. Monique gives you drink recipes that are sure to put you back in a good mood. Check out this week’s cocktail and have a great weekend.
Prep Time: 10 mins
This frosty treat is the perfect way to end a hectic day. You will be addicted with just one taste. Serve it as dessert after a nice dinner or a family BBQ. Adults only of course. For more drink recipes check out Divas Can Cook
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• 2 cups vanilla ice cream (I love slow churned)
• 1-2 oz Kahlua
• 1-2 oz Irish Cream
• chocolate syrup
• (can add ice if you prefer a less creamy texture)
1. To make the whipped topping, add heavy cream to a chilled bowl.
2. Beat on high speed and gradually add in powdered sugar.
3. Continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Place into the freezer until ready to use.
5. Add ice cream into a blender.
6. Add in Kahlua and Irish Cream.
7. Blend until creamy.
8. Swirl chocolate syrup around glass.
9. Pour in mudslide.
10.Top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate syrup and mini chocolate chips if desired.
1. Add ice if you prefer a less creamy texture.
2. Cut back on the liquor if you like a subtle hint.
3. Try different ice creams like coffee, chocolate or caramel!
4. Serve immediately