May 20, 2016
Scroll down your timeline and what will you find?
Just Black Twitter, speakin’ their mind!
Each week we feature the best tweets about five of the hottest topics on the net, and the best part is, the voices will be blacker than ever.
Who knows? Your tweet may just end up in The Best of Black Twitter. Enjoy!
1. Black Twitter starts #BlackPantherSoLit once Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, and Chadwick Boseman are cast in the Ryan Coogler-directed “Black Panther” movie.
— TyreeBP (@TyreeBP) May 14, 2016
— Brandon Pope ABC 57 (@BpopeTV) May 14, 2016
— The NYC Film Chick (@TheNYCFilmChick) May 14, 2016
2. Ciara signs a modeling contract with IMG models. Black Twitter says: Finally!
Ciara’s got a modeling contract with IMG…hopefully she will hang up her mic and focus on her other obvious talent besides dancing ?
— Short and Robust (@Wurapedia) May 12, 2016
Ciara’s comeback game too good – Russell Wilson AND a modeling contract. Future, who?
— Neethz (@Neethz426) May 12, 2016
3. Elle France refers to Solange’s hair as nappy.
Follow me on snapchat y’all, my name is Nappy and Snappy. See, Elle France thinks I’m nappy too ?. pic.twitter.com/PtSdbtyLXF
— solange knowles (@solangeknowles) May 19, 2016
— Tina Turnup! (@teena_turnup) May 19, 2016
— antoineCE © (@antoineduhhh) May 19, 2016
4. Black Twitter reminisces on #BestPartofthe90swas hashtag.
— Victoria (@victoriacb319) May 20, 2016
— Jeff (@PhillyFreck215) May 20, 2016
5. Black Twitter celebrates the birthday of Malcolm X.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ORIGINAL “MR. WEAINTSCARED”
— FEARocious A1 (@fearocioustalk) May 19, 2016
Happy Birthday to beloved freedom fighter Malcolm X, would have been 91.
Your legacy will always reside within me. pic.twitter.com/PzebzNb0R7
— justice ✨ (@justiceselah) May 19, 2016