CLEO TV’s Chef JJ Johnson, host of Just Eats with Chef JJ, a James Beard Award-winner and author best known for his barrier-breaking cuisine informed by the Caribbean flavors of his upbringing, brought his delicious shrimp and scallop linguine recipe to E! Daily Pop. Hosts Justin Sylvester and Daryn Carp cooked with Chef JJ as he demonstrated his signature cooking style combining culturally relevant ingredients and classical techniques for a simple, delectable dish that can be made by the novice at-home cook or a seasoned chef.
Shrimp and Scallop Linguine
Recipe courtesy of Chef JJ Johnson
1 stick butter
1 leek, cut into quarters
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 head black garlic
¾ cup white wine
1 bunch asparagus, cut in thirds
½ pound sea scallops, sliced in half
½ pound jumbo shrimp, tails on
1 pound cooked linguine
1 cup chicken stock
Chopped parsley for garnish
Parmesan cheese for grating
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the butter and melt.
2. Add the leeks and cook in the butter until they are soft and tender. Season
with cayenne and kosher salt and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the black garlic and white wine. Bring to a simmer.
4. After 2-3 minutes add the asparagus and stir into the leeks as the wine
continues to reduce.
5. After about 1-2 minutes add the scallops and shrimp and cook until the fish
is just tender for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the linguini and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Pull off the heat
and season with parsley and lots of parmesan cheese. Serve right away.
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨
For My Man
LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
Frankie Beverly Accepts 2024 Living Legend Honor | Urban One Honors
Fatal Attraction | 504: When the Smoke Clears
15 Fine Black Actors Who Played Doctors