The Vice President of Program Scheduling oversees all program scheduling functions for TV One and its related program services. In this position, the VP optimizes ratings by leveraging programming inventory and premieres with the goal of maximizing the network’s brand positioning, drawing and holding an audience and achieving ratings across multiple platforms. Additionally, the VP of Program Scheduling researches and designs long-term and short-term scheduling strategies and communicates these strategies to other departments to ensure consistency with the network’s direction and vision.
• Oversee scheduling for all dayparts, across linear and non-linear platforms
• Monitor shifts in TV One network viewership patterns and utilize such findings to maximize audience ratings
• Develop short and long term programming and scheduling strategies and communicate initiatives to senior management
• Analyze viewer ratings and audience research of the network’s primary competitors.
• Participate in the planning and development of network upfront presentations
• Continually evaluate schedule development through marketplace analysis and audience research
• Act as liaison between the Program Strategy Department and TV One internal departments with the dual goal of communicating the network’s scheduling strategy and fostering coordination and synergy between departments
• Regularly attend internal programming department meetings and other meetings as deemed necessary
• Create, track and maintain programming inventories
• Additional duties as required
• Fluency in media planning principles
• Experience in managing various program formats (e.g., movies, half-hours, hours)
• Knowledge of the African-American viewer population
• Knowledge of television, film, and media content of interest to the African-American audience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining effective business relationships
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints
• Knowledge of Nielsen rating system
• Understanding of the business of cable television
• Knowledge of SIMS or any other scheduling software a plus
• Detail oriented with an ability to give effective presentations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 7+ years experience in a senior-level programming role, preferably within the cable industry.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910