To Apply for This Position Complete and
Send the TV One Internship Application Packet to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1010 Wayne Ave., 14th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Internship: Original Programming and Production
Location: Silver Spring, MD
TV One’s Original Programming and Production Department is responsible for all programming aired on the network. The department develops and identifies original and acquired program for TV One such as series, specials and acquisitions. The Programming and Production department also recruits suitable talent, independent producers and production companies to provide compelling programming ideas for content, scripts, series and shows.
- Must be a junior or senior
- Communication Arts, Journalism or Film/Video Production Major
- Must have strong research skills
- Must have excellent writing skills and attention to detail
Skills/Knowledge to Gain:
The student will gain hands-on experience of the day-to-day operations of the Programming and Production department
- Process incoming submissions, including filing, maintenance of tape library and organization of press materials
- Provide research and fact checking to ensure quality control content
- Evaluate rough cuts, fine cuts and provide editorial feedback
- Assist with ratings analysis of television shows
- Provide general administrative support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Only applicants who receive college credit for their internship will be considered.
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).