1. Emmy Awards (1974)
Cicely Tyson won two Emmy Awards for her performance in “The Autobiography Of Miss Jane Pittman.”
2. Saturday Night Live! (1979)
Cicely Tyson became the first Black woman to appear on Saturday Night Live! She appeared alongside comedian Garrett Morris and Cicely Tyson during the monologue on February 10, 1979.
3. TNT Black Movie Awards (2006)
Cicely Tyson accepted the Distinguished Achievement award from Oprah Winfrey.
4. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall (2009)
Cicely Tyson owned the runway wearing The Heart Truth’s Red Dress Collection during fall 2009 fashion week.
5. The 41st NAACP Image Awards (2010)
Honoring those who’ve honored her, Cicely Tyson presented Tyler Perry with the Chairman’s Award during the 41st NAACP Image awards.
6. 43rd NAACP Image Awards (2012)
Hollywood legends Cicely Tyson and Diahann Carroll gave us grown woman magic at the 43rd NAACP Image Awards.
7. “Black Girls Rock!” BET Special (2015)
Cicely Tyson and US First Lady Michelle Obama attended the “Black Girls Rock!” BET Special.
8. 38th Annual Kennedy Center Honors Gala (2015)
Cicely Tyson was one of five recipients of the 38th Annual Kennedy Center Honors at the John F. Kennydy Center for the Performing Arts in 2015.
9. Howard University 148th Commencement Convocation (2016)
Cicely Tyson spoke at the Howard University 148th commencement convocation after receiving the honorary Doctor of Letters.
10. Presidential Medal of Freedom (2016)
President Barack Obama presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom — the highest honor for civilians in the U.S. — to Cicely Tyson during an East Room ceremony at the White House on November 22, 2016.
11. TCM HONORS SCREEN LEGEND CICELY TYSON HAND AND FOOTPRINT CEREMONY (2018)
Cicely Tyson was honored with the hand and footprint ceremony clad in a beautiful, white, printed pants set.
12. Cicely Tyson Oscar Party (2018)
Cicely Tyson attended a private reception to celebrate her honorary Oscar in 2018. The actress received her first and only Oscar nomination in 1972 for best actress for her work in “Sounder.” Just 45 years later, she received an honorary Oscar at the 10th annual Governors Awards.
13. THE ACADEMY OF MOTION PICTURE ARTS AND SCIENCES’ 10TH ANNUAL GOVERNORS AWARDS (2018)
Cicely Tyson looked gorgeous at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ 10th Annual Governors Awards in a long, metallic gown.
14. THE 91ST ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS (2019)
Cicely Tyson served looks whenever she hit the red carpet. The actress attended the 91st Annual Academy Awards in a black feathered gown.
15. TYLER PERRY STUDIOS GRAND OPENING GALA (2019)
For the Tyler Perry Studioes Grand Opening, Cicely Tyson reminded us why she reigned supreme. She wore a black and red dress with feathered sleeves.
16. THE AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE’S 47TH LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD GALA (2019)
Cicely Tyson attended the American Film Institute’s 47th Life Achievement Award Gala in a blue blouse with a long train, partnered with a white skirt.
17. COMMON’S 5TH ANNUAL TOAST TO THE ARTS EVENT (2019)
Cicely Tyson attended Common’s 5th Annual Toast to the Arts event in a beautiful red dress, partnered with leather gloves.