The Manager of Operations and Technical Support provides frontline operational and technical support for editing, graphic design and duplication, and is responsible for file-based content administration and processing.
• Provide technical and engineering expertise for video facility and staff, encompassing all related disciplines such as operational system support, troubleshooting and monitoring.
• Provide system upgrade and long term planning recommendations.
• Design and implement encode/transcode based workflow for the video facility.
• Act as Media Administrator for ISIS and Avid Unity.
• Orient freelance editors to video facility; Communicate all necessary project information to editors, producers, and any other involved party.
• Assume primary responsibility for file creation and transcoding.
• Work with outside production companies to ensure proper delivery of video files.
• Take on additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
• Report system anomalies, equipment problems, employee relations issues or any other daily event concerns that arise.
• Act as an Avid Editor when necessary.
• Solid understanding of Avid Media Composer and Avid ISIS.
• Full knowledge of file and tape formats.
• Full knowledge of VTR and Router operation.
• Working knowledge of encode hardware and transcode software applications.
• Solid understanding of field and studio production and an ability to deliver precise instructions and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
• Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including staff and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships.
• Detail oriented, well-organized, able to effectively multi-task.
• Possess excellent project management, organizational, administrative and time management skills – effectively manage and prioritize numerous projects with tight deadlines with little or no supervision.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field preferred
• 7 + years’ experience in Broadcast Post Production, Engineering or Operations
• AVID certifications preferred (ACSR – Avid Certified Service Representative – and ACI – Avid Certified Instructor )
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910