To Apply for This Position Complete and
Send the TV One Internship Application Packet to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1010 Wayne Ave., 14th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Internship: Law Clerk
Location: Silver Spring, MD
- Second or third-year law student. Media & Entertainment knowledge is a plus
- Excellent legal research and writing skills
- Must have knowledge of Lexis/Nexis computer research system
- Must be able to handle complex and challenging assignments with short turnaround deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Skills/Knowledge to Gain:
The law clerk will gain experience in the media & entertainment, intellectual property, communications, regulatory, corporate and labor law practice areas.
- Conduct legal research and analysis
- Prepare memorandums and executive summaries of issues
- Shadow lead attorney(s) on contract negotiation calls and meetings
- Shadow paralegal on music license negotiation calls and meetings
- Attend internal client meetings on proposed company sponsorships/partnerships, marketing directives, programming acquisitions, and production projects that will require legal support
- Review contract terms and enter into database
- Perform other duties as assigned
Only applicants who receive college credit for their internship will be considered.
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Diana Ross Sings ‘Happy Birthday To Beyoncé In A Stunning Black Sequins Dress
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Sins of the City
Who Came Looking for Blade Icewood | Sins of the City
Bobby Brown's Sister Tina Speaks Out, Regrets Taking Photo Of Whitney Houston's Drug Infested Bathroom
Omaha, Nebraska | Sins of the City