To Apply for This Position Complete and
Send the TV One Internship Application Packet to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1010 Wayne Ave., 14th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Internship: Web Design
Location: Silver Spring, MD
TV One’s Digital Media Department is responsible for the content and design the network’s Website (www.tvone.tv) and the production of its online interactive features, such as polls, blogs, community tools and other original content related to TV One programs and promotions.
The department also works closely with Marketing & Creative Services, Programming and Production and Ad Sales to create compelling campaigns for the Web, on-air and in print.
- Must have completed at least one year of college in a Graphic Design major
- Must have previous experience in (or strong desire to learn) branding, graphic design and/or web design
- Intermediate experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator – be prepared to show portfolio (school work is okay)
- Experience with HTML a big plus
- Experience with FLASH a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Must be detail oriented
Skills/Knowledge to Gain:
Intern will gain hands on experience in designing and posting graphics to the Internet; software utilized includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Organize and catalog TV One’s existing database of images
- Capture screenshots from video and enhance the images
- Create, resize or retouch images for the TV One Web site and print publications
- Read, sort, forward and respond to viewer emails
- Produce one print or web design project during course of internship
- Assist in the development and distribution of TV One’s brand management materials
- Assist with promotion and marketing campaigns
Only applicants who receive college credit for their internship will be considered.
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Cheryl Lynn Enjoys “Lovely” Royalties As “Encore” Gets A Resurgence On TikTok
Unsung 15th Anniversary Sweepstakes: 15 Lucky Fans Will Win A $100 Gift Card For the Holidays!
10 Times Mary J. Blige Proved She Should Have Her Own Boot Line (And We Wanted To Buy It)
Look At That Body On Badu! Erykah Badu Breaks The Internet With Swimsuit Photo...Just Because
Bresha Webb Announces Her First Baby With Husband Nick Jones, Jr.
Who Invited Agustin Garcia | PAYBACK