Provides administrative support to the SVP of Programming and Production. Such administrative support will include setting appointments, creating presentations, monitoring the phone, filing and other duties as required.
• Schedule appointments and maintain/update SVP calendar
• Function as administrative liaison to internal TV One departments and other TV One offices .
• Function as administrative liaison among programming personnel, external production companies and production personnel.
• Answer phones, screen, and route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority.
• Arrange travel itineraries and prepare expense reports
Sort, review, and route interoffice/external mail, and distribute correspondence and other material to TV One staff as appropriate.
• Coordinate and prepare meeting materials, presentations, agendas, notes, handouts, etc.
• Sort, review, and route interoffice/external mail, and distribute correspondence and other material to TV One staff as appropriate.
• Design and maintain filing systems for correspondence and contracts.
• Establish and maintain departmental records and files (i.e., leave time, travel, etc.)
• Provide clerical support (i.e., filing, copying and faxing) and other support as needed.
• Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills; detail-oriented; strong organizational skills; communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to assess priorities, be pro-active, resourceful, able to work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Handles sensitive and confidential information with tact and diplomacy, using good judgment, discretion and professionalism.
• Must exhibit flexibility in accepting new and changing responsibilities.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) is required.
• Must have significant experience and demonstrated competency in providing administrative support
• Light travel may be required
• Ability to work outside of standard business hours and flexible evening schedule
• Have the legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BA or BS degree preferred and 3-4 years administrative experience. Media experience strongly preferred.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910