December 27, 2019
Photo by Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images
Damon Dash has been hit with a $50 million lawsuit for allegedly committing sexual battery.
Photographer Monique Bunn was hired in April to do a shoot for Dash’s new clothing line, Poppington. After the first day of shooting Bunn says she was informed she would be staying at Dash’s home. The lawsuit states that while Bunn was sleeping the Roc-a-fella co-founder, entered her sleeping quarters and inappropriately touched her.
“While Bunn was sleeping, Dash approached Bunn and placed his hand on Bunn’s breasts and placed hands/fingers on Bunn’s buttocks. Dash did not have the permission or consent to touch Bunn’s sexual organs. Dash was wearing a robe and had no underwear on. Dash had been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana all day.”
The popular hip-hop photographer, says she was able to fight off the 48-year-old and he then left the room. She remained at the residence, that Dash shares with longtime girlfriend Raquel Horn, but says she did not go back to sleep.
The father-of-three has responded by posting a fiery video to Instagram that appears to be part of a deposition from November. In the video, he is firing off at Bunn’s attorney, Christopher Brown, exclaiming that he will “ruin him.”
Raquel Horn, Dash Poppington, LLC and Damon Dash Studios are also included in the suit for theft and emotional distress. Bunn says that she has not received many of her belongings from the photoshoot, including photos of celebrities like Diddy, Mary J. Blige and Quincy Jones.
This news comes off the heels of the backlash Oprah has received for her new #MeToo docu-film. 50 Cent and Russell Simmons called her out for attacking black men.
TELL US: What do you think of the lawsuit and Damon Dash’s Response?