by Krystal Franklin
June 20, 2018
Photo by Bryan Steffy/WireImage
Will and Jada Pinkett Smith have been the center of divorce rumors for years now. They’ve also been the face of successfully blending their families between Will’s ex-wife Sheree Fletcher and the son they share Trey.
Last week Jada sat down with Sway’s Universe to talk about the success of her Facebook Watch series, Red Table Talk (which was just renewed for 13 more episodes), how she and Will deal with nepotism in regards to Jaden and Willow and her relationship with Fletcher now.
“There were times when I wasn’t considerate of her position. When two people decide to go their separate ways, you’re thinking, oh this is done. The real deal is, it’s never really done. Especially with two people that have created life together. If I’m going to love Trey, there’s an aspect of Sheree that I have to embrace and have to love as well.”
The Girls Trip star even revealed that Sheree (who is happily married now) and Will often vacation together…without her.
“She and Will have their own relationship. She’s gone on vacations with Will without me, with Trey. I feel as though Trey needs to feel that dynamic between his two parents. It’s important to feel where they do meet. So he can feel that parental connection. She, Will and Trey just went to Jordan.”
Girl. That is a different level of maturity and trust right there. And we’ve seen this before in Hollywood, where the wife and ex-wife become friends (like Mashonda and Alicia Keys) but being comfortable with your husband and his ex vacationing with their son — kudos to Jada!
Watch the entire interview below.
TELL US: Would you be comfortable with our spouse or partner vacationing with their ex if they shared a child?
Him Or Her: Did These Celebrities Find Better?
18 photos Launch gallery
1. Diddy and his ex Kim Porter
Source:Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images
1 of 18
2. Diddy and his current girlfriend Cassie
Source:Taylor Hill/Getty Images
2 of 18
3. Monica and ex Rocko
3 of 18
4. Monica and her current husband Shannon Brown
4 of 18
5. Nick Cannon and Selita Ebanks
Source:Gustavo Caballero/Getty Images
5 of 18
6. Nick Cannon and ex wife Mariah Carey
6 of 18
7. Terrence J and his ex Selita Ebanks
7 of 18
8. Terrence J is currently dating Jasmine Sanders
Source:Jerritt Clark/Getty Images for Roc96 x Madeworn
8 of 18
9. Amber Rose and ex husband Wiz Khalifa
Source:Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
9 of 18
10. Amber Rose is currently dating 21 Savage
Source:Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for Harper's BAZAAR
10 of 18
11. Deion Sanders and his ex-wife Pilar
Source:Ethan Miller/Getty Images
11 of 18
12. Deion Sanders and current girlfriend Tracey Edmonds
12 of 18
13. Kanye West and his ex fiance Alexis
13 of 18
14. Kanye West is currently married to Kim Kardashian
Source:Barnard/Getty Images for The Huffington Post
14 of 18
15. Teyana Taylor and ex-boyfriend NBA baller Brandon Jennings
15 of 18
16. Teyana Taylor and her current husband, Iman Shumpert
Source:Mark Sagliocco/Getty Images
16 of 18
17. Nelly and his current girlfriend Shantel Jackson
Source:JC Olivera/Getty Images
17 of 18
18. Nelly and Ashanti
Source:Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage for Gabrielle's Angel Foundation
18 of 18
Like TV One on Facebook and be sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter.