by Krystal Franklin
February 8, 2018
Photo screen grab from Sports Illustrated
This week high school athletes everywhere are making decisions on where they will spend the next few years of their college career. And while this should be an amazing accomplishment, for Jacob Copeland it turned into something totally different.
Joined by his family and friends, the number five ranked Wide Receiver committed to the University of Florida over the University of Tennessee and University of Alabama. His mom, obviously very upset about his choice, selfishly left the nationally televised press conference. Watch below.
Your black son is alive (in a day in age where so many of our young black men don’t make it to see 21) and going to college for free to perform on a stage that not many kids see possible and you embarrass him on national television? Oh.
Jacob has since tried to defend his mother’s very public actions, but black folks know what that really is (we will never speak ill of the person that raised us).
We at least know someone who is happy, the Florida Gators. Watch their reaction to Jacob’s decision below.
TELL US: Was the reaction from Jacob’s mother what you expected? Fair or foul?
Love & Basketball: These Are The Wives of Some of The Most Famous Players
18 photos Launch gallery
1. Dorys Erving is married to NBA legend Julius Erving
Source:Lisa Lake/Getty Images for PGD Global
1 of 18
2. Kimberly Chandler is married to Tyson Chandler (Phoenix Suns)
Source:Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images
2 of 18
3. Ayesha Curry is married to Steph Curry (Golden State Warriors)
3 of 18
4. Crystal Nowitski is married to Dirk Nowitski (Dallas Mavericks)
4 of 18
5. Yvette Prieto is married to Michael Jordan (retired)
5 of 18
6. Tamia is married to Grant Hill (retired)
6 of 18
7. Alexis Stoudemire is married to Amar'e Stoudemire (retired)
Source:Pierre Suu/Getty Images
7 of 18
8. Larsa Pippen is married to Scottie Pippen (retired)
Source:Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images
8 of 18
9. Vanessa Bryant is married to Kobe Bryant (retired)
Source:Theo Wargo/Getty Images for Tribeca Film Festival
9 of 18
10. Jewel Smith is married to J.R. Smith (Cleveland Cavaliers)
10 of 18
11. Jada Paul is married to Chris Paul (Houston Rockets)
11 of 18
12. Adrienne Bosh is married to Chris Bosh (retired)
12 of 18
13. Savannah James is married to LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers)
Source:Christian Petersen/Getty Images
13 of 18
14. Nina Westbrook is married to Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)
14 of 18
15. Teyana Taylor is married to Iman Shumpert (Cleveland Cavaliers)
Source:Mark Sagliocco/Getty Images
15 of 18
16. Cookie Johnson is married to Magic Johnson (retired)
Source:Tiffany Rose/Getty Images for HollyRod Foundation
16 of 18
17. Monica Brown is married to Shannon Brown (retired)
17 of 18
18. Gabrielle Union is married to Dwyane Wade (Cleveland Cavaliers)
18 of 18
Like TV One on Facebook and be sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter.