by Krystal Franklin
January 31, 2018
Photos by Jesse Grant/Getty Images for NAACP and Michael Loccisano/Getty Images for Dick Clark Productions
SportsCenter: AM host Sage Steele is drawing her line of sympathy at colleague Jemele Hill. When asked about ESPN anchors who have been attacked in the media, the 45-year-old journalist told Refinery29,“I think Jemele is a completely different story in that she put that onto herself of her own volition.”
Of course Hill took to Twitter to address the comments after being asked for a response.
Just last week, Hill announced she was leaving Sportscenter to work at ESPN’s digital vertical, The Undefeated (she’s already penned her first article).
Last year Hill was suspended by the network she’s called home for four years for a second violation of ESPN’s social media guidelines. She later admitted she deserved the suspension.
TELL US: Was Sage Steele in the wrong?
Anchor Bae Appreciation! 19 African American Female Journalists We Love
19 photos Launch gallery
1. Nothing mutual about my funds tho ??
1 of 19
2. Good Morning Sunshine! ?☀️?⭐️? ?
2 of 19
3. Channeled the Mother Land on the show today. ? S/O to @stephaniebijoux for the Nigerian-inspired "Color Block Spike" necklace. ??.#Nigeria #AfricaRising #Africa #MotherLand #jewelry #BlackGirlsRock #BlackGirlMagic
3 of 19
4. Dress: @lapetiterobemiHair: @armond_styleMUA: @venusgoddessangelfairy444
4 of 19
5. My attempt to stay warm in Columbus failed miserably❄️❄️❄️
5 of 19
6. Thanks to @blackivybrand & @khalidalbaih for the t-shirt. Perfect day to wear it being that it’s @kaepernick7’s birthday today. Just 30 years old and already in history books!
6 of 19
7. Okay okay okay... full dress time!! MAJOR thanks to @heiress_house for this custom design! I feel like a princess
7 of 19
8. Short sleeved ??♀️ what was I thinking? Oh well, see ya at 10! ??♀️
8 of 19
9. A year ago, my team and I traveled to upstate #newyork to investigate the death of a 12-year-old boy. Tonight, hear and see what we learned. #deadlinecrime starts in one hour @investigationdiscovery
9 of 19
10. Set up and ready to receive donations for my home state of TX!! Will YOU be a #HolleysHelper ?You can see it right outside of our studio window here at 4th and Market. 7-10AM. (See previous post for other locations)
10 of 19
11. Reid The Runway || Dress: @carmenmarcvalvo Hair: @angiemlorenzo Blessed by: #God @newyorklivetv @thehubtoday #reidtherunway
11 of 19
12. I never know what to do with my hands. ??@catherinemalandrinoofficial. ??@tasha_muah ?@fabiolamercadobeauty
12 of 19
13. yup. walking into the weekend like...?
13 of 19
14. #Knowlesitall #ootd #lbd #myRTR
14 of 19
15. Look who I found in the sea of faces at Catch!
15 of 19
16. Wrapped up my last early voting live shot for the day! Just under 14 Days until #ElectionDay. ??
16 of 19
17. Diggin' my shorter & lighter hair.
17 of 19
18. Shining even when the sun won't ✨✨ #Monday
18 of 19
19 of 19
Like TV One on Facebook and be sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter.