November 13, 2017
Photo by Brian Stukes/Getty Images
Musiq Soulchild is a brand new dad! He and ex-girlfriend Ashley “Tiyumba” Wright, welcomed their daughter last month, but we got our first glimpse of the adorable baby girl over the weekend.
Introducing: Satori Solaris — Born: Oct 30, 2017 Weight: 6 lbs 14 oz Height: 20 inches — Born right into papa's (@musiqsoulchild) hands. — Thank you to all who see me!! — "We are so provided for!" — #satorimeansenlightenment #solarismeansofthesun #freebirth #UC #UP #ididit #familycenteredbirth #itwasjustusbih #praisethemosthigh #shesagirl #thechildrenwereright #unassistedpregnancy #unasistedchildbirth #cordburning #placentaeating #goddessShit #imamazing #hesamazing #shannonisamazing #satoriisamazing #musiqsoulchild #mswrightsway #SHESEVERYTHING
There is very little known about the two, but rumors of their split was chronicled by EBONY earlier this year, when Wright announced she was leaving the Philly crooner a month into her pregnancy.
Around 1 AM I woke up tossing and turning. For hours I was terribly uncomfortable; no matter what I did. I ate some peanuts. I drank some Kagen water. I added more pillows. I changed positions over and over. I scrolled social media and then I realized I hadn’t taken moments to breathe. I sat up, closed my eyes and took deep breaths…slow your breathing Ash — In that meditation, I begin to acknowledge and accept a few things. I was triggered by Mothers Day. — You see long are the days in which, holidays and their meanings have impacted me. Yet this Mother’s Day, this year… I was really looking forward to it. For it was a year, I had met him, he woo’d me, we moved in together, we started a family (holds belly), and I would for the first time celebrate Mother’s Day with a companion by my side. — I pictured holding hands, and belly rubs, me planning a cute meal of sorts (he isn’t the celebration type) and laughs at Shannon’s joyful, playful ways.— Yet here I am, at my parent’s house, in a bed that gives me lower back pain, consistently shifting my mind as I courageously take on emotions and feelings that do not serve me. — I replayed how I had to pack up all of my belongings alone, and moments In which I cried on the stairs. Sometimes even in Shannons’s arms. Flashes of when I was exhausted beyond belief, barely eating, struggling to cater to Shannon…and at the airport having to maneuver SIX 50-70 lbs bags on a cart, while consistently demanding Shannon hold on to mommy as we made our way across the street. At the rental location… I cried in the car. Wiped my tears and then went to a boxing class. — Then I was reminded how when I arrived home, my mother spoke for hours in disbelief on how I was able to do all of that alone. She couldn’t stop saying, “Wow you are amazing! I don’t know how you moved all those bags pregnant and with Shannon.” I didn’t even look up at her, I responded, “I just had to figure it out. One thing for sure is if I never thought I was strong before, I know now I am. Not because it was a physical feat, but mentally. I couldn’t even cry. I didn’t have the space to. I just had to get it done.” — (Cont in comments)
Take a look at the couple in happier times.
Soulchild, 40, also shares a child with former 702 singer, Meelah Williams.
Zac was born Mar. 30, 2009 but didn't come home UNTIL MOTHER'S DAY May 10!!! According to doctor's Zac was NOT going or SUPPOSED to LIVE…we were told he had a 90% chance at DEATH and a 10% chance at LIFE!!! I was PASS my due date and it seemed he just didn't want to come out, but clearly because he had been in too long and was sick. 😔 Such a long, traumatic story but in a nutshell GOD HAD THE LAST SAY!!! My baby just turned 8yrs old and I am blessed to be his mommy!!!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MEE!!! It's not always easy raising a special needs child but I'm grateful that God hasn't given me anything I can't handle although at time I feel otherwise. Thanking God for strength!!!! 🙏🏾 ENJOY LADIES … We deserve it!!!! 😍💕🤗😘
Congratulations to Musiq and Ashley!