by TV One Staff
November 8, 2016
It’s Minnie Riperton‘s birthday!
We could never forget the singer-songwriter with the soothing lyrics and perfect pitch that gave us this iconic love ballad:
Here are 10 thoughts we have whenever we hear this timeless record:
1. Did Minnie just perfectly capture the googly-eyed state of love and infatuation?
2. No matter where you hear this song, you are instantly transported back to 1974 (the year it was released).
3. Are we the only ones that try (and fail) to hit the high-note part? No one can do it as well as Minnie.
4. Will this song EVER get old?
5. So wait, Solange wasn’t the first person to start the Baby’s breath/afro trend?
6. How cool would it be to see Maya Rudolph do a skit as her mom?
7. This music video is beautiful but the performance is JUST AS magical.
8. Great! This song will be stuck in our head for the rest of the day. Dooten-Dooten-Do-Do!!!!
TELL US: What do you think of when you hear “Lovin’ You”?