To Apply for This Position Complete and
Send the TV One Internship Application Packet to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1010 Wayne Ave., 14th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Internship: Public Relations
Location: Silver Spring, MD or Los Angeles, CA
TV One’s Public Relations Intern will gain on the job training and experience, as well as a basic understanding of public relations as it relates to the entertainment and cable TV industries. This includes knowledge and practical experience in dealing with reporters, conducting interviews, and working on a PR team in a professional business environment.
- Drafts basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, meeting summaries, status reports, pitch materials, agendas, meeting notes, etc.
- Develop story ideas and initiate media telephone calls.
- Assists with the management of newspaper/periodical and media screener inventories for easy access, manages the digital archive of media placements, develops and updates media lists and other databases.
- Attends and participates in meetings and brainstorming sessions as directed.
- Assists with other administrative duties and media projects as assigned.
- Enrolled in a program pursuing a degree in public relations, journalism or communications. Completed coursework in public relations preferred.
- Senior/Junior level preferred.
- PRSSA membership preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Experience and/or familiarity with Associated Press style preferred.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, motivated and able to “hit the ground running”.
- Experienced with computers including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc.
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Usher Almost Serenaded Gabrielle Union At His Paris Concert, But Wanted No “Smoke” With Dwyane Wade
Sins of the City
Who Came Looking for Blade Icewood | Sins of the City
Bobby Brown's Sister Tina Speaks Out, Regrets Taking Photo Of Whitney Houston's Drug Infested Bathroom
Omaha, Nebraska | Sins of the City