September 19, 2016
To Apply for This Position Complete and
Send the TV One Internship Application Packet 2018 to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Internship Coordinator
1010 Wayne Ave., 14th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Internship: Public Relations
Location: Silver Spring, MD or Los Angeles, CA
TV One’s Public Relations Intern will gain on the job training and experience, as well as a basic understanding of public relations as it relates to the entertainment and cable TV industries. This includes knowledge and practical experience in dealing with reporters, conducting interviews, and working on a PR team in a professional business environment.
- Drafts basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, meeting summaries, status reports, pitch materials, agendas, meeting notes, etc.
- Develop story ideas and initiate media telephone calls.
- Assists with the management of newspaper/periodical and media screener inventories for easy access, manages the digital archive of media placements, develops and updates media lists and other databases.
- Attends and participates in meetings and brainstorming sessions as directed.
- Assists with other administrative duties and media projects as assigned.
- Enrolled in a program pursuing a degree in public relations, journalism or communications. Completed coursework in public relations preferred.
- Senior/Junior level preferred.
- PRSSA membership preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Experience and/or familiarity with Associated Press style preferred.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, motivated and able to “hit the ground running”.
- Experienced with computers including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc.