- Responsible for writing, producing and conducting edit sessions for assigned on-air promos and
- cross department promotional initiatives.
- Accountable for quality and project budget. Adheres to set creative direction, tonality and style guide(s) of the network.
- Makes creative, content production and editing decisions for assigned promos.
- Creates on-air, digital promotions that maximize appeal of programs to viewers.
- Working effectively and responsively with other clients/departments (e.g. Digital, Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales) to meet their needs and request.
- Effectively Partners with Designers, editors, coordinator and schedulers in the efficient production of promos.
- Assembles cast, production teams and production resources as needed.
- Works with operations to ensure required delivery.
- Must have exceptional promotional writing and conceptualization skills.
- Must be fully versed in on-air promotional practices/standards.
- Must possess familiarity of production disciplines including: set design, lighting, graphics, writing, etc.
- Must appreciate and understand the importance of overall marketing objectives (messaging, aesthetics, continuity, etc.), and the need/advantages of building and maintaining a solid aesthetic brand.
- Must have a thorough and current understanding of creative marketing/promotional trends.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to occasional changes in work schedule as workload demands.
- Must possess outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high-level results.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Ability to partner effectively with a variety of departments (Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales etc.) on a number of initiatives.
- Possess energy and enthusiasm, and demonstrate ability to work collaboratively.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years’ experience at producer level for a national broadcast/cable network– experience with AA audience is a plus.
- Experience promoting to women as the primary audience is a plus, and/or the ideal candidate must have the right sensibility to promote to the female target.
- Ad agency experience is a plus.