The Director, Digital Marketing is responsible for directing and implementing the content and marketing strategy for TV One’s digital platforms, including website, social media, and mobile, and will work with the SVP, Marketing to ensure that all strategies meet the marketing campaign goals.
This role is responsible for the digital marketing strategy and overseeing execution across all platforms for programming initiatives, as informed by the overall marketing strategies. The Director of Digital Marketing works with the Digital Media and Social Media teams to ensure the brand voice, positioning, and content are aligned with the overall network brand.
The Director will be primarily be responsible for developing TV One’s digital platforms into strong branded portals that will recruit, excite, and develop a relationship with users that is authentic, engaged, and drives them to TV One’s linear programming.
- Develop the digital marketing strategy for all key series that entails a vision and roadmap for development and distribution of TV One content as a digital ecosystem
- Communicate the strategy and messaging across digital, social, and Interactive One teams to ensure the digital marketing plans are cohesive, yet flexible, in the execution and expression of content, which should be customized by platform based on users and best practices in the space
- Develop aggressive plans to launch TV One content across digital partner platforms that will extend our reach and further market key programs
- Establish internal communication process to connect digital and social media teams to overall marketing and programming strategy and keep teams informed of new developments and updates to ensure all teams are consistently and constantly informed
- Create KPI’s for each digital platform based on previous performance, expected performance, and recruitment and retention plans and communicate performance goals and results to the SVP of Marketing regularly. Revise plans based on performance, insights and implications.
- Monitor and share trends in the digital media space to inform the digital and social media teams of new creative on the horizon and new capabilities
- Direct the digital and social media teams in the deployment of content and provide insights and feedback based on performance, tone, user experience or otherwise
- Work collaboratively with marketing leadership across Radio One, Inc. to cultivate cross-platform marketing opportunities to partner on key initiatives that will leverage the strength in our portfolio of brands
- Be a thought leader in the digital marketing space to guide the SVP of Marketing, and internal executive leadership, in the best opportunities for TV One and the trends that can have positively impact our business or influence our target demo
- Develop partnerships with major digital influencers, whether brands or individuals, to learn, engage, and influence their fans and followers to fall in love with TV One and become loyal fans of our content, platform-agnostic
- Work with the legal department to ensure that internal processes are flawless executed upon for content marketing asset acquisition, development, and execution
- Manage digital marketing budget, under the supervision of the SVP of Marketing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Previous entertainment television network experience is a must
- Passion for digital, social media and mobile marketing
- Self-starter who requires little supervision
- Solid understanding of user-driven internet design and content development processes; passion for digital media
- Multi-tasker who is also very detailed-oriented
- Extensive knowledge of African American digital, social media and mobile trends as it relates to P25-54
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Collaborative and able to create working systems of teams to execute flawlessly and meet marketing and business goals
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills
- Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field. MBA degree a plus. Minimum 5 years experience in digital media with specific expertise in creative and editorial leadership. Experience in cable preferable.