The Editor is responsible for managing, organizing prioritizing and executing the Production Facility’s editing assignments. Additionally the editor is responsible for QC and encoding.
Editing programming, with a primary responsibility in news, along with web content, marketing materials and presentations
- Program finishing, including color correction, audio leveling graphic overlays and output to file or videotape
- Creation of files for use on-air, from videotape and file sources
- Troubleshooting and initiating repair, in the event of equipment failure.
- Quality control (technical and editorial) of program and promo master files to ensure adherence to on-air editorial and technical standards and specifications.
- Completion of accurate and detailed QC evaluation reports.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Must be well versed in post production and skilled as an Avid Editor.
- Must be able to run both highly technical and highly creative edit sessions.
- Ability to work with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects required.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task.
- The ability to work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
At least 10 years editing experience. Background in news and long form program editing.
More from TV One