Strategic and tactical Management of the Ad Sales Operations Department, which is responsible for end-to-end execution of ad sales orders from inception to on-air play out. Management and oversight of TV One’s traffic system as it relates to ad sales functions. Insure that the value of commercial inventory is maximized through scheduling, and that commercial load obligations to TV One’s affiliates are fulfilled.
• Manage a staff of 11 responsible for the execution of ad sales orders (including brand allocations), traffic, and log creation.
• Strategic and tactical Management of the Ad Sales Operations Department which is responsible for end-to-end execution of ad sales orders including:
• Initial data entry and verification with client contracts, and subsequent order modifications
· EDI process
· Brand allocations
· Processing of commercial traffic instructions and materials
· Commercial log generation
· Last minute traffic changes and log revisions
· Resolution of billing discrepancies
• Insure that the value of commercial inventory is optimized through the use of analytical tools, and coordination with the SVP, DR Ad Sales / Pricing & Planning
• Develop, implement, monitor and refine operational procedures that insure that data entry is accurate, the operation is efficient and that deadlines are met.
• Oversight of the ad sales aspects of the company’s traffic system, including staff training, problem tracking and working with the traffic system vendor to resolve issues and recommend system enhancements
• Fulfillment of commercial inventory agreements with its affiliates
• Responsibility for formulating, implementing and monitoring procedures consistent with financial auditing requirements.
• Continually monitor staff performance to insure that departmental requirements are consistently met
• Coordination with the Network’s origination facility on a 24 x 7 basis to resolve traffic and log issues, and the implementation of late log and copy revisions
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a detail oriented, mission critical, demanding, deadline driven and dynamically changing environment
• Ability to proactively assess issues, implement changes, set priorities, solve problems, be resourceful, work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Detail-oriented, excellent written and oral communications, strong interpersonal skills and a team player
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct a team.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in a Traffic system (Broadway preferred but not required)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in television ad sales operations, and a minimum of 3 years of experience in an ad sales operations management capacity.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910