*NOTE: This position is temporary and is not for a permanent opportunity. The position is 40 hours and the person selected will be paid via the staffing agency, Yoh.*
The Digital & Social Media Producer is responsible for building promotional and original digital content to build the TV One digital brand.
- Develop and produce promotional content (including articles, videos and any other media) to support our original programming as well as manage the digital experience, including maintaining rich and robust show pages.
- Manage the Trending Topics or Entertainment News vertical. Identifying trending news stories, creating/delegating editorial assignments and producing or writing several news stories per day
- Provide on-camera hosting for TV ONE digital videos as needed
- Weekly/Daily management of the TV One YouTube channel, including uploads and sharing analytics as well as driving engagement and improving key metrics, like subscription and video views
- Weekly management of TV One newsletter including editorial curation, dissemination and analytics
- Provide Daily QA review of website
- Communicate digital media priorities to internal and external partners (Interactive One, Social Media team, etc.)
- Effective written communication skills and excellent mastery of the English language including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Comfortable with computer technologies include web content management systems and streaming media
- Impeccable attention to detail, solid organizational skills, highly motivated, results-driven, and creative writer.
- Experience with WordPress, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop,
- Experience with popular social media platforms and trends
- Flexibility in managing multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously; ability to meet deadlines; experience managing both urgent, short-term projects and complex, longer term projects.
- Legal right to work in the US
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required. BA in marketing, communications, or journalism preferred. 3+ years of experience in building, managing, and growing a website for a medium/large size organization or publication. Skilled writer with understanding of best practices for web writing.
If interested in applying for the TEMPORARY POSITION – Producer, Digital & Social Media position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.