Working in TV One’s in-house production facility, the Post-Production Technician’s primary responsibilities include encoding, transcoding, Avid digitizing file transfer, videotape and DVD duplication, and basic DVD authoring.
- Encoding and Duplication, using a variety of videotape formats
- Digitizing for non-linear editing
- File creation and transcoding
- Creation and encoding of clips for internet use
- Downloading and uploading video files
- Review of QC evaluation reports to verify accuracy
- DVD authoring and duplication
- Following work order and client instructions
- Performance of other production duties, as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Variable work schedule 10:30am – 7pm Monday – Friday
- Understanding of signal flow, video scopes, equipment operation and encoding, and duplication principles
- Understanding of video file types and transcoding
- Working knowledge of Avid Media Composer a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Windows MS Word and Excel
- Legal right to work in the United States
College degree in communications, video production or a related field, or equivalent, and one year work experience.
If interested in applying for the TV Post-Production Technician, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.