This position assists in the monthly billing and collections cycle for Ad Sales and assists in the Accounts Payable cycle.
• Perform the advertising revenue/receivables functions including the monthly billing and daily client credit reviews and collections functions;
• Communicate with clients and sales team regarding status of outstanding invoices and resolving discrepancies to expedite collections;
• Meet periodically with Ad Sales to help manage the AR balances, discuss collections strategy and decrease the DSO (Days Sales Outstanding);
• Prepare month end journal entries and reconciliations for Ad Sales revenue and AR.
• Provides backup to Accounting Manager when necessary;
• Provides backup for the Accounts Payable process when necessary, including tracking invoices through the AP cycle, reviewing invoices for proper coding and approvals, and data entry;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong written and verbal communication skill
• Must be a self-starter and team player.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure workflow efficiency.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must be willing to submit to a background check
• Legal right to work in the US
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS degree in accounting/finance with 2-4 years accounting experience preferred. Experience with Lawson and/or Broadway software is a plus.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910