The Sr. System Administrator (“System Administrator”) will be responsible for technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems such as Television Traffic and Operations applications as well as the underlying MS SQL architecture. The System Administrator must have a demonstrated ability to perform complex systems analysis, project management and troubleshooting. The System Administrator will be required to gather and analyze user requirements to design and implement system modifications which address the dynamically changing business needs on an ongoing basis. This role ensures that the database infrastructure will support the needs of the individual application databases and that management processes are in place to ensure reliability and integrity of the database environment. This includes maintaining database patch levels, managing and coordinating release upgrades and ensuring capacity requirements for databases are being met.
Management and overall support, including maintenance and upgrades, of Operations/Traffic database and application environment, including:
Television Traffic System / Log Reconciliation System / Ad Sales Support / Library Management System / Ratings Research Systems
- Create and Maintain documentation of Operations/Traffic systems
- Ensure Data and System Interoperability – Work with users and outside vendors to facilitate data exports and exchanges
- Implement, configure, and troubleshoot database instances, replication, backup, partitions, storage, and access.
- Develop and maintain system monitoring to ensure the uptime, performance, interoperability and configuration of the overall database environment
- Customize and extend off the shelf systems to increase utility, or provide new functionality
- Assist with Network and System Administration for Enterprise environment, including Support of Windows 2008,2012,2016 server technology, including FTP, IIS, SQL Server, Remote Desktop Services and print server in a multi-site environment
- The ability to travel to TV One locations as needed for approximately 3-4 days every month
- Perform other administrative activities including working with Active Directory, Windows Server, and client software and hardware
- When necessary, act as the primary backup for the department head
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining MS SQL environments
- Experience working with VMWare (ESXi 5.5 or higher preferred)
- Moderate SQL / scripting skills
- Strong Windows Administration and Maintenance skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with various levels of users.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize heavy workloads.
- Must have strong documentation and organizational skills as well as a keen eye for details
- Must be articulate and able to effectively communicate with both internal and external (non-technical) clientele
- Experience designing and implementing Remote Access solutions
- Proficiency in Windows client operating systems and Microsoft Office 2010/2016 applications
- Ability to work outside of traditional business hours
- Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field preferred or equivalent related experience and/or education may be substituted for the degree. Minimum of five years of experience as a Systems Administrator working with Windows networks and TCPIP infrastructure, as well as previous experience supporting MS SQL 2008/2012/2016 installations. Knowledge of the media & entertainment industry is a plus.
If interested in applying for the Sr. System Administrator position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.