The Sr. Manager, Public Relations, Entertainment Programming and Specials is critical to the success of TV One’s original entertainment programming, including reality and scripted series, original movies, award shows and music specials, as well as the network’s brand image. This position strategizes and implements publicity plans that generate positive consumer and industry press coverage of the network’s programming, leading to awareness and viewership. The Senior Manager, Public Relations for Entertainment Programming and Specials must work closely with the Public Relations, Director, Public Relations, Coordinator, Public Relations and departmental staff.
- Manage, oversee and/or execute multiple communications and program publicity campaigns, including development and implementation of press strategies for the network entertainment, original movies, scripted, reality, music and award show specials, as well as supporting events, industry, talent visibility and corporate communications initiatives.
- This position works closely with personal publicists and actors or on-air personalities to prioritize and maximize talent participation in publicity activities. This role serves as the key publicity team contact with producers, directors, studio partners, business affairs, legal, post production and many other constituencies and disseminates information to all.
- This position works with the Director to establish and maintain project budgets and timelines; oversees creation of press strategies and materials, including gathering information for press material development and writes and edits press releases, bios, press briefings, talking points, press kits and creative, and manages the flow of this information to television critics, editors and writers schedules and covers talent and executive interviews; and oversees unit publicity and photography.
- Generate publicity for network entertainment programming (scripted), specials (award shows, music specials) and talent in consumer, entertainment and trade/industry outlets; Pitch programming to press, evaluate and follow up on media requests, and develop and manage close working relationships with members of the media, including print, electronic, radio and digital outlets.
- Develop and facilitate press interviews, briefings, media teleconferences, press conferences, satellite media tours, radio media tours and other controlled media outreach. Manage media announcements related to new talent, series, etc..
- Serve as key contact in conjunction with Director on Awards shows and music specials.
- Generate high-impact editorial placements in key national consumer and trade publications.
- Organizes and/or helps organize press appearances and events, including seminars, press briefings, screenings, media tours, junkets, set visits, visibility at festivals, conferences, and more.
- Maintain and track project and entertainment programming related budgets.
- Generate and coordinate conference and tradeshow visibility opportunities.
- Source and coordinate press events such as screenings, junkets, premieres, dinners, etc.
- Collaborate and contribute to the overall communications efforts, working directly with colleagues across the CDM, Ad Sales, Digital Media, Information Technology, and Marketing & Creative Services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Public Relations.
- The Senior Manager, Public Relations will oversee the Coordinator, Public Relations.
- Well established television industry, cable, broadcast, entertainment, celebrity, general market consumer and African American/urban media contacts is essential, as well as an ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with members of the media.
- A strong understanding of television publicity, key press outlets/journalists and experience in launching and sustaining press coverage on TV series is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and be able and willing to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Must be detail and deadline oriented and handle a complex and ever-changing workload in a timely and efficient manner.
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential as is an ability to think creatively and generate new ideas.
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong, collaborative team player and willing to take responsibility for project oversight.
- The position requires an individual who is aggressive and innovative and has the ability to handle difficult personalities with grace, diplomacy and a sense of humor.
- Must be a flexible team player with ability to work nor traditional business hours and/or weekends when required.
- Candidate also must be familiar with media relations tools such as Cision/Vocus, TVEyes, and Critical Mention. Knowledge of Constant Contact or Mad Mimi and AP Stylebook literacy a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS/BA degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field and strong interest in the media business preferred. Minimum of 5-6 years related experience and thorough understanding of social and traditional public relations. PR experience with a production company, studio, network or entertainment PR agency preferred.
If interested in applying for the Sr. Manager, Public Relations position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.