The Senior Director of Original Programming and Production will direct and oversee the production of assigned television programs, series, specials and made for TV One movies and mini-series. The Senior Director will direct and control aspects of program development and production management for TV One, enforce program requirements, and assure that the programs produced for and/or licensed by TV One enhance the network’s identity, competitive standing, ratings and advertising sales.
- Shop the creative marketplace for TV One brand-defining programming concepts that have potential and can meet the overall programming goals of the network.
- Manage the development of select original programs and licensed programs according to the TV One’s established programming vision, master plan and budget.
- Identify, research and develop original programming content for TV One, including series, specials and studio shows that will drive audience viewership and sales revenue.
- Recruit suitable talent, independent producers and production companies to provide compelling programming ideas for televised content, series, specials and movies.
- Maintain viable relationships with agents, managers and representatives of production talent and production companies.
- Solicit and evaluate scripts, treatments, sizzles, presentations, programming submissions and potential talent on behalf of the network.
- Provide timely feedback to producers, talents, production companies and their representatives, as needed.
- Communicate and enforce TV One’s editorial requirements and production quality standards to production vendors from the earliest stages of development and pre-production through production and delivery.
- Manage all aspects of program production from development through production and final delivery, ensuring that all assigned content adheres to TV One’s creative, technical, and business goals.
- Provide editorial management of multiple productions simultaneously and evaluate the performance of such productions against the network’s desired outcomes.
- Enforce and/or reinforce the network’s production policies and procedures and creative standards to hold the producers, production companies and talent accountable for what they produce for, and deliver to, the network.
- Prepare and manage production schedules and generate periodic reports on production status and deliverables.
- Ensure the efficient information flow of production needs, delivery dates and other related production information to and from the production and the network.
- Contribute to department presentations and communications, as needed.
- Attend markets, festivals and industry events to identify potential talent, producers, production companies and programming suppliers.
- Work with VP, Original Programming and Production, to identify programming trends and formats that would maximize audience viewership.
- Develop, allocate and complete various special projects as assigned by VP, Original Programming and Production.
- Stand in for VP, Original Programming and Production, as directed and as needed.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to conduct strong programming presentations.
- Experience in managing various program formats (e.g., movies, reality, game-shows, factual, documentaries).
- An ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints.
- Knowledge of television, film, and media content of interest to the African-American audience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years’ experience in a production development and management role with a broadcast or cable television network or production company.
If interested in applying for the Sr. Director, Original Programming & Production position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.