Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, One Solution, the Sr. Director’s primary focus will be to help lead and implement the strategic and creative development as well as management of revenue-generating marketing solutions for existing and prospective clients. He/she will help oversee the day-to-day management of all television pre-sales and post-sales responsibilities. The candidate will be capable of adapting to the changing trends and needs of advertisers in media and emerging platforms. The scope of this role includes managing the day-to-day of a team of integrated marketing professionals who own the development and execution of all integrated marketing campaigns and operational processes required to support TV sales initiatives. The Sr. Director of Integrated Marketing must be a strong leader, collaborator, and team player with a diverse marketing background and excellent communication and project management skills.
- Champion and help implement the vision and go-to-market strategy and digital sales positioning
- Develop marketing materials communicating the vision, go-to-market strategy, and TV sales positioning inclusive of category decks, sponsorship tentpoles, and other relevant material to help drive incremental sales
- Enforce the framework and process to manage the execution and implementation of sales campaigns as well as work with Senior Vice President to evolve processes and implement new day-to-day tactics as needed
- Work with Sales Leadership to continually improve and refine sales products and offerings
- Work closely with research & consumer insights to identify key client and category needs and translate/integrate into sales presentations and materials
- Develop seamless interaction between programming, scheduling, creative services, digital and social video, to ensure flawless execution of all digital sales campaigns
- Translate and integrate materials from programming, digital and social into sellable concepts and presentations
- Work on special projects/ needs and respond to high-level RFPs
- Manage and enforce the TV One “sales portal” to enable a seamless sales process
- Brainstorm/develop new programs and partnerships for the brand
- Accompany sales team on calls
- Act as TV One representative for cross-platform and cross-company needs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and direct a team to include but not limited to:
- Provide regular constructive feedback
- Resolve issues/conflicts with diplomacy in a timely manner
- Provide on-going guidance and support for growth and development
- Deploy effective coaching skills
- Practical understanding of anti-harassment and discrimination laws
- Ability to effectively administer performance reviews, and corrective action plans as appropriate
- Minimum 8-10 years of television advertising sales marketing experience
- BS / BA degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience
- Strong management skills – ability to give direction and feedback
- Team player – Ability to take direction and feedback
- Seasoned, creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Dedicated and driven work ethic
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes (5-50)
- Outstanding computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Closely meet “Qualifications” noted above or be able to demonstrate that he/she is capable of acquiring them.
- Either currently living in New York or willing to relocate there.
- Demonstrated ability to “evangelize” TV media advertising, marketing, and sales.
- Superior TV marketing and ideation skills.
- Ability to manage others.
- Knowledge of other Urban One properties and platforms.
- Ability to earn and retain the respect of corporate executives.
If interested in applying for the Sr. Director, Integrated Marketing position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).