The Senior Account Director is responsible for achieving national advertising revenue targets through direct sales to accounts in his/her assigned advertisers, agencies and territories.
- Client and planner focused sales approach
- Prioritize new business opportunities for CLEO TV and TV One
- Responsible for majority of East Coast territory coverage
- Work to secure third party partnerships to help build CLEO TV value
- Pursue nontraditional budgets via content teams, multi cultural teams, pr agencies, etc.
- Creative solution oriented approach (content, insights, integration) to generating revenue
- Create compelling presentations that convey the benefits and features of CLEO TV and TV One programming and the respective viewing audience
- Proactively keep clients informed of pertinent account and network information, as well as marketplace conditions
- Carry out the entire sales process from initial contact to deal close
- Respond to RFP’s and pursue leads accordingly
- Execute sales strategies as set forth by sales management
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with advertisers and agencies
- Monitor trends in African-American consumption practices that may impact the overall business
- Remain up to date with client strategies and campaigns
- Remain current with competitive networks
- Remain accountable for servicing designated accounts
- Partner with research to aid in the sales process
- Manage added-value agreements by working closely with Integrated Marketing
- Stay current with TV One’s ratings performance and programming
- Manage and mentor sales support team
- Travel as necessary to conduct business
- Strong knowledge of cable industry, and in particular as it relates to African-American demographics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
- 20-30% domestic travel
- Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/minimum 10+ years national advertising sales or equivalent sales experience.
If interested in applying for the Sr. Account Director position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.