Assist research department with all aspects of analysis including compiling research reports, data preparation, competitive marketplace analysis and program tracking.
- Responsible for pulling and distributing ratings data and all related reports:
- Daily National Overnights
- Local Ratings
- Competitive Programming Reports
- Responsible for myEVNTS, program name entry
- Load data and maintain research databases.
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative research analysis using Nielsen and other proprietary tools.
- Create, format and distribute weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Create and/or contributed to presentations as well as special projects related to Scheduling, Programming, Marketing, and Ad Sales.
- Responsible for responding to assigned department ad-hoc requests.
- Perform quality assurance checks on internal and custom reports.
- Prepares and presents research reports and participates in communicating findings to team and external departments as needed.
- Act as a back-up to Senior Analyst & Research Managers.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel experience (keen ability to summarize data would be preferred)
- Proficiency with all Nielsen software products as well as third party software systems such as: NPOWER, myEVNTS, Arianna, Star Trak/Star Media, Sparq
- Numbers savvy and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills are required
- Familiar with TV process and concepts (including ratings/audience targeting, creative delivery)
- Must be a self-starter
- Understanding of digital and programming research, which means training across all platforms.
- Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS degree and 1-2 years research experience at a media company, agency or advertiser preferred.
If interested in applying for the Research Analyst position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.