The PR manager is critical to the success of our original series and network brand image. This position strategizes and implements publicity plans that generate positive consumer and trade press coverage of the programming, leading to awareness and viewership.
• Create and implement strategic and innovative publicity campaigns for select network series.
• Co-manage external agencies in developing campaign strategies, pitches, off the entertainment page story ideas and oversee the successful implementation of the plans.
• Respond to all external and internal communications and proactively develop social media outreach strategies that support overall business objectives.
• Work closely with personal publicists and actors to prioritize and maximize talent’s participation in publicity activities and is the key contact with producers, directors, studio partners, business affairs, legal, post production and many other constituencies and disseminates information to all.
• Establish and maintain project budgets and timelines, oversee creation of all press materials, including press kits, electronic press kits and photography.
• Schedule and cover talent and executive interviews and oversee unit publicity and photography.
• Draft, edit and proofread documents and web-based newsletters.
• Maintain and track related budgets.
• Contribute to the overall marketing and communications efforts working directly with various TV One departments to include: Ad Sale, Affiliate Sales, Digital Media, Information Technology, and Marketing & Creative Services.
• Strong written, verbal and editing communication skills.
• Strategic thinker and problem-solver.
• Strong understanding of television publicity, key press outlets and journalists.
• Must have experience launching and sustaining press coverage on a television series.
• Ability to develop relationships with industry partners such as; media, reporters and editors.
• Knowledge of best practices in social and traditional PR.
• Deadline oriented and ability to work under pressure.
• Aggressive and innovative and has the ability to handle difficult personalities.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure workflow efficiency.
• Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, fast paced environment.
• Possess energy and enthusiasm, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
• Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS/BA degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field and strong interest in the media business preferred. Minimum of 8 years related experience and thorough understanding of social and traditional public relations.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910