The Digital & Social Media Producer is responsible for building promotional and original digital content to build the TV One digital brand.
- Develop and produce promotional content (including articles, videos and any other media) to support our original programming as well as manage the digital experience, including maintaining rich and robust show pages.
- Manage the Trending Topics or Entertainment News vertical. Identifying trending news stories, creating/delegating editorial assignments and producing or writing several news stories per day
- Provide on-camera hosting for TV ONE digital videos as needed
- Weekly/Daily management of the TV One YouTube channel, including uploads and sharing analytics as well as driving engagement and improving key metrics, like subscription and video views
- Weekly management of TV One newsletter including editorial curation, dissemination and analytics
- Provide Daily QA review of website
- Communicate digital media priorities to internal and external partners (Interactive One, Social Media team, etc.)
- Effective written communication skills and excellent mastery of the English language including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Comfortable with computer technologies include web content management systems and streaming media
- Impeccable attention to detail, solid organizational skills, highly motivated, results-driven, and creative writer.
- Experience with WordPress, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop,
- Experience with popular social media platforms and trends
- Flexibility in managing multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously; ability to meet deadlines; experience managing both urgent, short-term projects and complex, longer term projects.
- Legal right to work in the US
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required. BA in marketing, communications, or journalism preferred. 3+ years of experience in building, managing, and growing a website for a medium/large size organization or publication. Skilled writer with understanding of best practices for web writing.
If interested in applying for the Producer, Digital & Social Media position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.
*Please attach links to your previous work (clips, articles, and etc) with your resume.*
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).