The Manager of Operations and Technical Support provides frontline operational and technical support for editing, graphic design, transcoding, standards conversion, LTO archiving and duplication.
- Provide technical and engineering expertise for video facility and staff, encompassing all related disciplines such as operational system support, troubleshooting and monitoring
- Provide system upgrade and long term planning recommendations.
- Act as Media Administrator for ISIS/NEXIS and Avid asset management (Interplay/Media Director/Media Central)
- Administer, Support, and Operate LTO Archive
- Administer, Support, and Operate file based standards conversion and time compression systems
- Administer, Support, and Operate cloud based file storage and transfer
- Provide Multimedia support for associated Urban One properties
- Design and implement encode/transcode based workflow for the video facility.
- Design software workflows for transcodes, standards conversions and time compression
- Orient freelance editors to video facility; Communicate all necessary project information to editors, producers, and any other involved party
- Work with outside production companies to ensure proper delivery of video files.
- Report system anomalies, equipment problems, employee relations issues or any other daily event concerns that arise
- Act as an Avid Editor when necessary.
- Manage technician who assists this position
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Full knowledge of, and ACSR certification for, Avid Media Composer, Avid ISIS/NEXIS Storage, and Avid asset management (Interplay/Media Central)
- Full knowledge of file and tape formats
- Full knowledge of VTR and Router operation
- Full knowledge of LTO Archive software and hardware
- Working knowledge of standards conversions and international delivery formats
- Working knowledge of encode hardware and transcode software applications.
- Working knowledge of field and studio production and an ability to deliver precise instructions and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer literacy – Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including staff and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships
- Detail oriented, well-organized, able to effectively multi-task
- Possess excellent project management, organizational, administrative and time management skills – effectively manage and prioritize numerous projects with tight deadlines with little or no supervision
- Legal right to work in the US
Education, Experience AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field preferred. Ten or more of experience in Broadcast Post Production, Engineering or Operations. AVID certifications preferred (ACSR – Avid Certified Service Representative – and ACI – Avid Certified Instructor).
If interested in applying for the Manager, Operations & Technical Support position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.