The Manager of Legal and Business Affairs will be responsible for providing business and legal support to all departments of TV One, including programming, marketing, talent and digital media.
- Structure, negotiate and draft a variety of agreements, including: production services agreements, on-air talent and performer agreements, agreements for services, venue agreements, co-production and co-financing agreements, programming and license/acquisition agreements, option purchase agreements and business development and other strategic partnership deals for the network.
- Counsel internal clients on a variety of legal issues including but not limited to: contractual interpretation, intellectual property, rights of privacy, publicity, unions, on-air promotion, standards and practices, music licensing and clearance.
- Review proposed on-air, digital, and social media content and advise regarding matters of defamation, privacy, and rights and clearance issues.
- Provide legal support to the Rights Clearances/Standards and Practices department, which includes working on contests and sweepstakes and clearing music and other third party materials.
- Draft and amend corporate formation and governance documents as needed.
- Provide litigation support.
- Effectively represent TV One with third parties, including outside counsel, strategic partners, and vendors.
- Foster and manage relationships with TV One internal departments, including programming, production management, talent, marketing and operations.
- Prepare status reports and other organizational tools, as requested.
- J.D. from an accredited law school, and a member of the California, New York, Maryland or DC bars.
- Creative in negotiating and drafting clear and concise agreements.
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative.
- Consistent attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints.
- High-degree of confidentiality.
- Mature judgment in devising and implementing legal solutions to advance business goals.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Minimum 2 years of relevant legal experience in media, broadcast or cable network experience a plus.
If you are interested in applying for the 6 month Manager, Legal & Business Affairs assignment, please click the “Apply Now” below and attach your resume to the pop up email.