The Consumer Marketing Manager will support the Senior Manager and SVP of Marketing in the strategic development of buzz-generating consumer marketing campaigns for TV One. This includes off-channel marketing and brand-centric initiatives, such consumer and trade media campaigns, sister-company cross-promotion, etc.
The primary function of the position is to be contribute to the creative powerhouse of the consumer marketing team with new ideas and fresh thinking, while executing on the creative marketing campaigns flawlessly and in a timely fashion. The Marketing Manager must be a strategic and innovative thinker who knows how to drive results. Pop culture enthusiast with a passion for detail and execution are necessary to this position.
- Develop strategic, creative marketing campaigns for TV One original programming that drive reach, ratings, and engagement with the target audience
- Develop marketing strategy briefs to synchronize internal teams and give specific creative direction to external teams about the core strategy, positioning, messaging, etc. about each priority
- Manage the development of creative assets with media agencies and internal departments to create fully integrated marketing campaigns across all platforms (e.g. key art, radio spots, web creative, etc.)
- Work closely with the internal research team and media agency to inform the marketing strategy and positioning for each campaign
- Ideate with cross-functional team to elevate marketing ideas and build broader-reaching marketing campaigns that create high engagement with consumers and drive them to TV One’s branded platforms
- Create promotional decks in PPT that comprise all departments’ consumer promotion efforts to share internally and externally with producers, talent and partners
- Function as media agency day-to-day point person to manage media plan development and execution, routing and approvals, trafficking of media deliverables to vendors, etc.
- Manage legal contract requests and execution for all marketing vendors used
- Manage timelines and deadlines for all marketing deliverables to ensure agencies deliver on time and ensure distribution internally and externally to partners
- Manage daily workflow for department interns
- Manage post mortem analysis for all off-channel priorities and apply insights to future campaigns
- Manage all pre-planning and execution for marketing special events including concept-to-completion consumer facing promotions and grassroots efforts, consumer contests and sweepstakes.
- Liaise with talent relations department and function as point-person on department requests for talent appearances and talent activity in support of series launches, promotional campaigns and partnership fulfillment.
- Partner and support Content Distribution & Marketing and Ad Sales Marketing teams in developing various communications tools and sales collateral including one-sheets, newsletters, presentations, direct mailers, etc.
- Experience in developing and executing major marketing and media campaigns a must.
- Strong creative and strategic thinking skills.
- Impeccable project management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering flawless, high-level results.
- Strong promotional marketing skills and a competitive spirit that drives a constant desire to innovate and stay ahead of the curve.
- Strong ability to operate and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Comfortable with media research data and using it to craft positioning stories.
- Knowledge of social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram) and new and emerging platforms and the benefits they convey to driving tune-in and brand awareness.
- Wild fascination with popular culture and the specific cultural touch points that resonate with the TV One audience.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build consensus.
- Exhibits a personal responsibility and commitment to his/her work; follows through and is comfortable with accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree required. Concentration in media, marketing, advertising or communications a plus.
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience at a cable or broadcast network.
- Ad Agency, or other entertainment background is a plus.
- PowerPoint savvy is a plus.
If you are interested in applying for the Manager, Consumer Marketing position, please click the “Apply Now” below and attach your resume to the pop up email.