The primary responsibility of this position is to schedule and maintain the on-air secondary event promotions for TV One. The candidate will work directly with the Creative Services and Graphic Departments in on-air secondary event media planning and execution. In addition, this position will act as the liaison to coordinate with operations personnel to assure the mission is accomplished.
• Schedule secondary events in daily logs via Grip It and Broadway Traffic Systems.
• Communicate closely with Creative Services and Graphic Departments to ensure timely delivery of assets and proper placements.
• Implement all necessary log changes on an as needed basis.
• Manage the process of evaluating incoming program content for existence of graphical treatments and audio voice over during the content and credits.
• Enter secondary event triggers into the daily programming log to support on-air promotions and sales initiatives.
• Monitor and maintain the process of show graphics metadata entry into Grip It which directly determines actual placement hit times of on-air secondary event triggers to assure continuity between existing and manually entered graphical treatments.
• Lead departmental meetings with respect to on-air initiatives coordinate with operations personnel to assure the mission is accomplished.
• Primary contact for setup, scheduling and maintenance of all non-linear platforms to include; managing and inputting the program schedules and metadata, requesting media files, show graphics and network artwork. Manage the timely distribution and fulfillment of such content accordingly.
• Process Programming VOD schedule to create and maintain VOD metadata templates and delivery VOD content to our encoding vendor. Update metadata template as necessary to reflect program changes, new folders and revised start and end dates. Meet strict deadlines with regard to delivery of said metadata templates to assure that budgeted costs are not adversely affected by late delivery of templates or content. Schedule meetings with Affiliate Sales as necessary to understand new VOD strategy.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by the VP and SVP of Network Operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
• The legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study with at least 4 years of Broadcast Operations experience. Media & entertainment industry experience a plus.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910