The HR Generalist will support the department’s day-to-day HR activities and assist the VP of Human Resources to execute departmental goals. Duties include but not limited to managing company benefits programs, full-cycle recruiting and on-boarding, managing the company’s internship program and employee morale initiatives. The position also serves as the main point of contact between the department and TV One payroll administrator.
• Manage full-cycle recruiting to include drafting job descriptions, posting job ads internal/ externally
• Conducts new hire orientation and leads on-boarding process
• Manage the full life-cycle of TV One’s internship program
• Manages HRIS, create Ad Hoc reports; insures best practice and integrity of data is adhered
• Draft, edit and/or proofread various HR related documents/communications as needed
• Develop creative employee morale initiatives and lead company event planning logistics
• Serve as primary contact for internal and external inquiries to include but not limited to employment verifications, benefits information, and job openings, etc.
• Process department’s invoices timely and resolve billing issues
• Manage medical benefit related processing, reporting, updates in related systems to include but not limited to company’s benefit intranet site, COBRA tracker and medical vendor portals
• Maintains internal bulletin boards in an up-to-date and legally compliant manner for applicable works sites
• Manage reporting compliance as it relates to EEO-1 filings; non-discrimination testing submissions for medical, cafeteria and retirement plans
• Serve as main liaison with payroll. Ensures payroll related updates/changes are provided accurately and partners to address discrepancies
• Responsible for maintaining personnel files in a manner consistent with standard operating procedures
• Assist with internal and external HR audits
• Participates in special projects and assists all functional areas of the human resources as needed.
• 10%-15% travel
• Must be professional, organized, efficient and demonstrate the ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
• Ability to draft clear and concise letters, memos, notes, etc. using proper business format, grammar and punctuation as required; proof all work before submitting as final version
• Ability to take direction and constructive feedback as it relates to projects, performance, etc. and accepts full accountability for work assignments/product
• Ability to learn through actively engaging in problem solving, researching and finding resolution options
• Ability to proactively create procedures using industry best practice and within scope of authority
Ability to think creatively and execute concepts
• Knowledge of laws and regulations that pertain to human resource management; understands best practice concepts and uses good judgment in decision making as it relates to areas of responsibility
• Customer service driven; proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
• Must have strong attention to detail and thrive in a deadline driven environment
• Motivated self-starter with the able to work independently and on a team
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure workflow efficiency
• Proficiency with various with various computer software packages including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS degree preferred in Human Resource or Business Management and/or 4 years of progressive Human Resources experience; cable experience preferred. Experience with ABRA and Crystal Reports strongly preferred.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910