HR Coordinator will support the VP of Human Resources with the day-to-day HR activities. Duties include but not limited to managing and processing company benefits programs, coordinates employment process and conducts new employee orientation. The position is a main point of contact between HR Department and Payroll Administrator and will assist with HR/payroll related matters as needed. HR Coordinator functions as a liaison between vendors and employees. This position requires familiarity with standard concepts, practices and processes in the benefits field, exceptional customer service, and a certain degree of creativity and flexibility.
• Answers incoming telephone calls and assist directly with general inquiries from inside and outside the company on employment verifications, benefits information, and job openings, etc. in line with company policy on these matters
• Manage TV One internship program
• Assist with company recruiting to include drafting job descriptions, posting job ads internal and externally, scheduling interviews, and managing TV One Careers in-box for permanent hires
• Maintain HRIS data and create Ad Hoc reports; insures best practice and integrity of data is adhered
• Responsible for maintaining personnel files in line with company policies and government regulations. Retain records in a manner consistent with company record retention requirement
• Draft, edit and proofread various documents/communications
• Code and track HR invoices in a timely fashion and resolve billing issues; functions as a liaison between vendor and TV One’s accounts payable
• Assists with new hire orientation to include scheduling, preparing benefit packet and creating personnel file jackets
• Assist with collection of HR documents to include annual benefit enrollment forms, annual review forms and other HR related acknowledgments
• Maintains the inventory of employee forms, tax forms, and department supplies
• Maintains office bulletin boards in an up-to-date and legally compliant manner
• Manages incoming and external mail and deliveries
• Assist with company event planning and other employee morale initiatives. Prepares HR related employee communications.
• Participates in special projects and assists all functional areas of the human resources
• Makes travel arrangements and prepares expense reports for department and Vice President
• Assist with payroll related matters as needed
• All other administrative duties as assigned
• Must be professional, organized, efficient and demonstrate the ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
• Ability to draft clear and concise letters, memos, notes, etc. using proper business format, grammar and punctuation as required; proof all work before submitting as final version
• Ability to take direction and constructive feedback as it relates to projects, performance, etc. and accepts full accountability for work assignments/product
• Ability to learn through actively engaging in problem solving, researching and finding resolution options
• General knowledge of laws and regulations that pertain to human resource management; understands best practice concepts and uses good judgment in decision making as it relates to areas of responsibility
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure workflow efficiency
• Proficiency with various with various computer software packages including Microsoft Word,
• PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS degree preferred in Human Resource or Business Management and/or 4 years of Human Resources experience. Experience with ABRA strongly preferred.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910