The HR Generalist will support the department’s day-to-day HR activities and assist the Director and VP of Human Resources to execute departmental goals. Duties include but not limited to managing full-cycle recruiting, on-boarding, wellness programs, internship programs, and payroll and employee morale initiatives.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting to include drafting job descriptions, uploading on TV One.com site, posting job ads internal/externally, conducting prescreens, and scheduling interviews in accordance with established best practices
- Reviews job descriptions, conducts thorough analysis for FLSA designations routinely
- Conducts new hire orientation and leads the onboarding process to include ensuring new hire packets are compliant with state and local requirements
- Manage the on-boarding process to include, oversight of new hire forms and updates to related vendor benefit portals, scheduling a welcome meeting with the vice president
- Update employee information in all internal and vendor systems to include address and life event changes
- Handles HR-related payroll processing and address employee inquiries timely
- Manage medical benefit related processing, reporting, updates in related systems to include but not limited to the company’s benefit intranet site and medical vendor portals
- Manage wellness program (YouFirst), reimbursements, and related wellness budget
- Manage the full life-cycle of TV One’s internship program
- Manage HRIS, create Ad Hoc reports; ensures best practice and integrity of data is adhered
- Draft, edit and/or proofread various HR-related documents/communications as needed
- Serve as the primary contact for internal and external inquiries to include but not limited to employment verifications, benefits information, and job openings, etc.
- Develop creative employee morale initiatives and lead company event planning logistics, communications and manage budget
- Participates in special projects and assists all functional areas of the human resources as needed.
- Keeps abreast of legislation affecting human resources and monitors company policies to ensure compliance.
- Proactively engages in professional learning/training. Attend department training, webinars, seminars as required and deploy skills to enhance effectiveness in job performance
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory training and adheres to related course deadlines
- Conducts subject-specific training for units/worksites
- Co-lead workplace investigations as needed
- Lead NAMIC annual diversity survey submission and analysis.
- Assist with internal and external HR audits.
- Responsible for maintaining files in a manner consistent with standard department’s procedures
- Updates organization chart
- Submits expense reports in accordance with T&E policy
- Assist with collection of HR documents and acknowledgments as appropriate
- Process department’s invoices timely and resolve billing issues
- Promotes a positive, productive, and ethical work environment and develops strategies to increase retention rates and foster employee job satisfaction and morale.
- Supports VP as required.
- Travel to regional sites as determined
- Ability to draft clear and concise business letters, memos, notes, emails, etc. using the proper business format, grammar, and punctuation is required
- Must be professional, organized, efficient and demonstrate the ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Knowledge of laws and regulations that pertain to human resource management; understands best practice concepts and uses good judgment in decision making as it relates to areas of responsibility
- Possess strong research skills and ability to interpret and translate relevant insights
- Ability to learn through actively engaging in problem-solving, researching, and finding resolution options
- Ability to proactively create procedures using industry best practice and within the scope of authority
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback as it relates to projects, performance and accepts full accountability for work product
- Ability to think creatively and execute concepts
- Customer service driven; proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Must have strong attention to detail and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure workflow efficiency
- Proficiency with various computer software packages including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work and be contacted outside of the standard workday
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Legal right to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS degree preferred in Human Resource or related field and/or 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience; cable/entertainment experience desired.
If interested in applying for the Human Resources Generalist position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).