In providing service to the Marketing, Digital Media and Operations Departments, the Editor is responsible for editing promos, presentations and web vignettes, formatting programs and preforming technical evaluation (QC).
- Prioritizing the activities identified above, and making adjustments as deadlines change and new work is introduced.
- Working with client groups to understand the requirements of their projects and to suggest potential alternatives.
- Placing requests in context, and resolving discrepancies in order to maximize efficiencies.
- Editing promotional spots, marketing presentations and programming.
- Program versioning for both linear and nonlinear distribution.
- Program finishing, including color correction, audio leveling graphic overlays and output to file or videotape.
- Creation of files for use on-air, from file and videotape sources.
- Quality control (technical and editorial) of program and promo master files to ensure adherence to on-air editorial and technical standards and specifications.
- Completion of accurate and detailed QC evaluation reports.
- Troubleshooting and initiating repair, in the event of equipment failure.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Must be able to run both highly creative and highly technical edit sessions.
- Must be well versed in post-production and skilled as an Avid Editor.
- Good with music approach, effects-savvy for various forms of entertainment, and life-style Marketing and Digital Media projects.
- Must be proficient as both an offline and online editor, with experience in SD, HD post production.
- Ability to multi-task and to work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Must have at least 3-5 years of editing experience. Must possess strong Avid Media Composer skills. A strong working knowledge of Adobe after Effects and Photoshop required.
If interested in applying for the Editor position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).