In providing service to the Marketing, Digital Media and Operations Departments, the Editor is responsible for editing promos, presentations and web vignettes, formatting programs and preforming technical evaluation (QC).
- Prioritizing the activities identified above, and making adjustments as deadlines change and new work is introduced.
- Working with client groups to understand the requirements of their projects and to suggest potential alternatives.
- Placing requests in context, and resolving discrepancies in order to maximize efficiencies.
- Editing promotional spots, marketing presentations and programming.
- Program versioning for both linear and nonlinear distribution.
- Program finishing, including color correction, audio leveling graphic overlays and output to file or videotape.
- Creation of files for use on-air, from file and videotape sources.
- Quality control (technical and editorial) of program and promo master files to ensure adherence to on-air editorial and technical standards and specifications.
- Completion of accurate and detailed QC evaluation reports.
- Troubleshooting and initiating repair, in the event of equipment failure.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Must be able to run both highly creative and highly technical edit sessions.
- Must be well versed in post-production and skilled as an Avid Editor.
- Good with music approach, effects-savvy for various forms of entertainment, and life-style Marketing and Digital Media projects.
- Must be proficient as both an offline and online editor, with experience in SD, HD post production.
- Ability to multi-task and to work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Must have at least 3-5 years of editing experience. Must possess strong Avid Media Composer skills. A strong working knowledge of Adobe after Effects and Photoshop required.
If interested in applying for the Editor position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.