The Editor is responsible for managing, organizing prioritizing and executing the Production Facility’s editing assignments. Additionally the editor is responsible for QC, encoding and duplication duties. This position covers second shift, 6:30p-3:30a.
• Editing programming, web content, marketing materials and presentations; delivering completed projects on videotape, DVD or as a file.
• Troubleshooting and initiating repair, in the event of equipment failure.
• Quality control (technical and editorial) of program and promo master tapes and of MPEG files created from these masters to ensure adherence to on-air editorial and technical standards and specifications.
• Completion of accurate and detailed QC evaluation reports.
• Creation of MPEG files for use on-air from videotape sources
• Other duties, as needed
• Must be well versed in post production and skilled as an Avid Editor.
• Must be able to run both highly technical and highly creative edit sessions.
• Ability to work with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects required.
• Working knowledge of MS Windows MS Word and Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail with ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work effectively under changing priorities and challenging deadlines
• The ability to work second shift schedule
• Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
At least 10 years editing experience. Background in broadcast editing, both programming and promotion preferred.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910