The Director, Scheduling & Acquisitions is responsible for implementing the scheduling strategy across the linear and non-linear platforms for TV One Networks. The Director will develop schedules and stunts that achieve ratings goals, assist in the networks acquisition strategy and meet both internal and Ad Sales goals.
- Work closely with SVP, Scheduling and Acquisitions and Manager, Scheduling and Acquisitions to develop programming strategies/schedules that achieve or exceed rating and revenue goals
- Supervise Manager, Scheduling and Acquisitions, assigning projects and providing professional development opportunities
- Develop short and long term scheduling strategies that maximize inventory
- Work closely with Ad Sales to create sponsorship opportunities by identifying stunts and scheduling synergies.
- Develop programming events/stunts to further TV One’s Original programming and compose strategy documents that communicate plans to partner departments
- Serve as primary liaison and manages schedule information flow to Ad Sales, Operations, Communications, Marketing, Affiliate Sales and others
- Collaborate with On-Air Promotion group on the development and implementation of on-air promotional strategies and commitments
- Generate monthly VOD and other non-linear schedules with specific episodic information and stunts
- Partner with Research on providing data to support scheduling strategies
- Identify and evaluate acquisition opportunities
- Track, compile and report on competitive information to help maximize TV One’s scheduling strategy against other networks
- Produce monthly program inventory report to assist in generating monthly schedules
- Track and monitor episodic runs against contractual limitations to fulfill amortization schedules
- Work on special reports, projects and additional duties as assigned
- Heavy viewer of multi-platform content with an insatiable appetite for a variety of program genres.
- Strong knowledge of television, film, and media content of interest to the African-American audience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints.
- Detail oriented and hyper-organized.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a cross functional team and communicate with staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of audience research and Nielsen ratings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong internet research skills.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the television industry, preferably within the cable industry. Must have a minimum of 3 years of prior program scheduling experience with a cable channel or network.
If interested in applying for the Director, Scheduling & Acquisitions position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop up box.