• Help format and manage quantitative and qualitative research programs and reports for the Network.
• Create and maintain ratings estimates and viewer projections used in the strategic scheduling process and ad sales process.
• Selects best sources and develops research methods that provide the Network with needed data about target markets, ratings and programming.
• Ensures that new market as well as current segments are identified and researched and that appropriate targeted programs are developed for those segments deemed to be important.
• Evaluates and interprets research data, recommends changes to programming content; partners with Scheduling & Acquisitions making recommendations of placement of programming and future acquisitions strategy to enhance TV One’s image.
• Provide analysis and recommendations to increase ratings and optimize the TV One brand.
• Informs senior management of competitive influences that impact TV One’s performance.
• Provides P.R. department with ratings and demographic news to help enhance image.
• Create quarterly reports outlining areas of ratings growth and areas of opportunity.
• Provide support and guidance to research analysts and senior research analyst.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong knowledge in Nielsen and third-party processing including but not limited to NPOWER, Star Trak/Star Media, Galaxy Explorer, Behaviorgraphics
• Experience in ratings forecasting and estimating a plus
• Demonstrated experience in audience segmentation and profiling
• Understanding of consumer research methods
• Familiarity with the use and management of on-line research panels
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints
• Knowledge of television, film, and media content of interest to the African-American audience
• Strong PowerPoint and Excel experience (keen ability to summarize data).
• Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College Degree and 7+ years industry research experience. Proficiency with Nielsen applications and other key research sales tools.
Job Submission Instructions
Apply Now! There are two ways you can apply for a position with TV One:
You can submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Any attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
You can mail your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
1010 Wayne Avenue, 10th Floor
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910