The Direct Response Account Executive is responsible for achieving advertising revenue targets through direct sales in assigned territories.
- Carry out the entire sales process from initial contact to deal close.
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with advertisers and agencies by communicating TV One and CLEO TV Network’s values and brand strength.
- Actively prospect for sales opportunities across all TV One and CLEO TV Linear and Advanced TV platforms; including VOD, FEP, TV One/CLEO TV Apps.
- Create compelling presentations that convey the benefits and features of TV One and CLEO TV’s programming and viewing audience.
- Proactively keep clients informed of the status of schedules such as potential clearance issues, rates, and marketplace conditions.
- Make in-person visits to agencies/clients per management’s direction.
- Generate revenue through new account development and growing existing accounts.
- Respond to requests for proposals.
- Implement approved advertising sales strategies set forth by sales management.
- Monitor trends in African-American consumption practices that may impact the overall business.
- Remain up to date with client strategies and campaigns.
- Partner with research to provide clients with syndicated and proprietary data that will aid in maintaining current business and securing new business.
- Remain current with competitive networks.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Marketing division when appropriate to develop and pitch cross-platform campaigns.
- Stay current with TV One and CLEO TV’s rating performance and programming by partnering with the research department.
- Strong knowledge of the cable industry and in particular as it relates to African-American demographics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques.
- 20-30% domestic travel.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and minimum 8+ years Direct Response advertising sales or equivalent sales experience.
If interested in applying for the Direct Response Account Executive position, please click the “apply now” button below and attach your resume to the email pop-up box
Notice to California Residents of Collection of Personal Information. When you submit an application, we collect the personal information you provide and that you authorize us to collect on your behalf for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application, verifying the accuracy of the information you provide, and communicating with you about your application.
The information we may collect includes:
- personal identifiers like your name, address, and contact information;
- information about your professional abilities, skills, aptitudes, and background (e.g., educational and professional experience, resumes, curricula vitae, writing samples, and information about your skills, training, and applicable licenses, permits, and certifications);
- information about your character, references, and credentials;
- information about your authorization to work for us;
- information obtained from references, educational institutions, and others you have authorized us to contact (including results of background checks you authorize us to perform if you are offered a position); and
- any other information you elect to provide or authorized us to obtain.
We may collect additional information for the purposes of complying with legal obligations, including criminal background and licensure information that may affect your legal ability to work for us and status information required for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance (e.g., race/ethnicity, disability status, and gender).